Posted by Swimming NSO | 04.01.2013
USDS Coaching Application PDF:
USDS is in search for a Head Coach to serve the 2013 Deaflympic team from 01 FEB 2013 to 31 DEC 2013. The coach will be expected to work with the swimmers and their club/local swim coaches prior to the 2013 Summer Deaflympics regards to tapering and travel with the team to Sofia from 23 JUL 2013 - 5 AUG 2013. All applicants shall submit a resume, letter of interest and three references to the Director of United States Deaf Swimming, Dale Parker - firstname.lastname@example.org.
The United States Deaf Swimming Board may select and appoint coaches to fulfill its stated purpose (nomainations may be made to USADSF in-advance if a candidate meets all requrements, this is due to limited time before the 2013 Deaflympics). Such coaches may be selected and appointed by majority vote of the appointed selection committee, subject to the requirements below.
Mandatory Eligibility Requirements
1. Be a US citizen
2. Have a valid driver’s license
3. Be 25 years of age or older
4. Have a valid United States passport which is valid for at least 6 months past the conclusion of the 2013 Summer Deaflympics, or have already applied for a passport
5. Agree to, sign and abide by USADSF Honor Code
6. Have valid coaching certificate(s)
7. Have valid basic first-aid, CPR, and/or coach’s safety training card
8. Be a member of USA Swimming, United States Deaf Swimming and USADSF (memberships may be paid at the time of application submission)
9. Complete the US Team application packet and pay a non-refundable US Team application fee of $100.00 within 30 days of selection.
Applicants will be judged on the following criteria:
1. Coaching experience
2. Awareness of and adherence to the USADSF Honor Code
3. Ability to communicate with the deaf and hard of hearing
4. Coaching experience with deaf and hard of hearing athletes
5. Passed USADSF applied Criminal background check
The USDS selection committee will review the resumes. Individuals will be chosen and interviewed. The interviews may be conducted in-person or by e-mail. The selection committee will make a final decision based on the interviews and qualifications.
The selection committee shall consist of USDS Director, USDS Swimming Coordinator, and a Former Deaflympic Swimmer.
Approval by the USADSF Executive Board
The selection committee shall recommend to the USADSF Executive Board the individual chosen to be the Head Swim coach for the 2013 USDS Deaflympic Team.
NOTE: This is a non-paying coaching opportunity and the coach may be asked to fund their own travel for the 2013 Deaflympics.blog comments powered by Disqus